Honesty, Candor, and Fairness
Meet the Candidate
Mike has 38 years’ working experience in Auditing, Accounting, and Business Management. The last 13 years have been in Governmental Accounting performing auditing/accounting activities within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), perhaps the most complex organization on the North Coast with annual budgets exceeding $160 million. 19 years were spent Private/Public Accounting with 6 of those years as Director of Internal Audit for a $600 million organization which required specific Audit and Internal Audit training; that was provided by Peat, Marwick, Mitchell, and CO., a major CPA firm, and 8 years as Controller/Business Manager for private enterprises, and another 3 years as an accountant in CPA offices. An additional 2 years were invested in Non-Profit Organizations.
Some significant accomplishments:
- Wrote fiscal policies and procedures for DHHS
- Secured significant funds and recovered funds because of auditing and accounting experience.
- Wrote, implemented and executed Internal Audit policies and procedures as Director of Internal Audit
- Obtained Certified Internal Auditor designation
- Prepared and completed multiple years of annual financial audits
Throughout his life and professional career, Mike has always been known for his honesty, candor, fairness, inquisitiveness, and teamwork skills.
Mike graduated from Humboldt State with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting with an emphasis in computer science in 1975.